September 18, 2009

My purpose

I want to post once again why I have created this blog. I received a nasty comment yesterday about how "silly and childish" my "religious approach" is about sex. The writer of this comment then described in explicit sexual detail his filthy ideas on the topic. I was disturbed and knew that he was obviously hoping this was a different kind of website. It may seem unusual that a home maker and mother of four would take time to write about sex, but may I emphasize the greater picture? My intent is to write about intimacy in marriage. So many woman of faith spend their lives prior to marriage striving to keep their virtue- as they should-and when finally able to share that virtue with their spouse, feel discouraged and frustrated at what that brings.

My wish with this blog is to create feelings of confidence and hope. My wish is to have a voice of goodness in the world. My wish is to speak about sexual intimacy with honor. "If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." (article of faith # 13). Which is EXACTLY what our marriages should be.

Deep breath...

Thank you for those who have supported my thoughts, and who can recognize the plan in place.

11 comments:

  1. You are fulfilling that purpose beautifully. So many of us benefit from your thoughtful and inspired words. I'm sorry about the troll yesterday, but it sounds like you are taking it in stride. Thanks again for being willing to dedicate your time to uplift others on such a delicate subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are doing something worthwhile to be recieving that kind of opposition! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let Mr. Wise Guy get you down; you have a very special gift: To understand such a sacred blessing with clarity and truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad that this man couldn't truly see what your purpose is in this blog! Thank you for continuing to help & uplift us with this subject, for that is exactly what you do. Your insight on this sacred topic is amazing, and you share your wisdom unselfishly. I (and so many others) appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog and i love it! i agree with exactly what "martha" above me said- i couldn't have said it better! i'm your newest follower! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When are you going to post again?!? I have told a few people about your blog. Thank you for being so sacred and careful with how you present this beautiful topic. You have helped many. Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss your posts... hope you see more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so grateful for your blog...I sure hope you post again and don't let the nasty comments of someone keep you from doing what you do best...I have learned and gotten more from your blog than I have in my searches anywhere else to date. I am thankful for what I have learned and appreciate you and wish you well and look forward to hearing from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perverts always like to be stupid to get a rise out of people. Your cause is noble and your words inspired. Many women need this so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Napes, I can't believe I only just discovered this blog! What a wonderful and inspired woman you are! Thank you. I couldn't help notice however that this stops at 22 posts. Perhaps you stopped posting to this blog because you felt it had fulfilled its purpose, or perhaps because your life is incredibly busy. Both reasons would of course be fine. However, if you stopped posting because of some angry and twisted individual's comments, please remember that your gift of teaching is so great that darkness will not rest in trying to extinguish your light. Don't ever give in, Napes! You have taught me so much, as well as countless others. And, as your sweet Rain told me you'd like to pursue, I think you would make a phenomenal "sexual therapist" if you ever so chose. :) love you, Napes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog this week from a link Heather from Women in the Scriptures had in her post. I've eaten up this information and will be using it in the future! My husband and I have already many healthy discussions and I hope you will get the chance to post more. This unfortunate comment reminds me of your earlier post on why sexual intimacy is so attacked by Satan...he's working hard yet again! This blog really has been pivotal since I never knew where to go for this type of info within th Church before! You would make a wonderful marital sexual therapist!

    ReplyDelete